Pepi’s Pizza first opened in 1953 at 16th and Scott in Milwaukee. It moved in 1995 to South Howell Avenue on Milwaukee’s south side and operated there for the next 21 years before relocating for a short time on Brady Street.
The Brady Street location closed in 2016, but Pepi’s continued to serve its Italian food at Kat’s Cafe in New Berlin.
Ricci and Kathy purchased the business in 2009 from its second-generation owner, Joe Nigrelli. Ricci worked at Pepi’s in high school and was a longtime friend of the Nigrelli family.
Tim Schultz, Pepi’s Pizza longtime cook continues to head kitchen operations, along with Ricci and Kathy's son Jerry.